Thursday, January 06, 2011

You Are My Heart galleys

We're in the process of getting galleys of You Are My Heart and Other Stories, Jay Neugeboren's fourth (and our first!) story collection printed. The stories travel from the secluded villages in the south of France, to the cattle crawl in the Valley of a Thousand Hills in South Africa, to the hard-knock adolescent streets of Brooklyn, while Neugeboren examines the great mysteries and complexities that unsettle and comprise human relationships.


Stories from the collection have appeared in The Gettysburg Review, Ploughshares, TriQuarterly, The Notre Dame Review, Columbia Magazine, Hadassah, and one story -- 'Comfort' -- is forthcoming in everyone's favorite lit mag Black Clock, due out this spring (I believe).

There's a quote from Wayne Koestenbaum from a Bookforum review he wrote of Bolano's Last Evenings on Earth, in which he says that he is addicted to the haze that floats above Bolano's fiction. When I read that blurb something clicked, because that's how I feel about Jay's stories. Although I've come to understand that this "haze" is not murky, but the magic associated with wandering into the complete and fully rendered world of the author.



Anyone interested in getting an advance reader copy of You Are My Heart can drop a line to Brian at brian[at]twodollarradio.com.

No comments: