Monday, July 11, 2011

Trinie Dalton Live



The Sad Drag Monologues is a series that appears in Trinie Dalton's forthcoming collection of stories, Baby Geisha (January 2012), with corresponding images.

This is from Trinie about a new press she's started and the initial undertaking, which will be available at her reading JULY 14, 7pm with Jodi Wille of Process Books at Synchronicity Space, Hollywood:

"I'm not sure if I told you, but I started a risograph press (got the machine, looks like xerox but with colored inks). And this gallery invited me to do something so I decided to make a wall piece with The Sad Drag Monologues and made a limited-edition zine of the art surrounding the texts, as both an art object and an anticipation/promotion for Baby Geisha...

"This reading I'm doing is also the launch for Rainbow Riso, and its first edition. If I sell the first edition out it will enable me to fund the next project. :) It's a special edition zine printed in red/blue/black, edition of 100, $10/ea, handmade by moi, super small-run but a major undertaking in the risograph realm...the zines will be available at the reading and also through my website (sweettomb.com)."

No comments: